Thursday, June 2, 2011

FREE DAY - A Family Affair

Jay and Kim,

If I had a nickel for every time someone has said "that's the best wedding I've ever been to..." I would be a wealthy woman. In truth, you are the wealthy ones! Having been to many weddings in my lengthy life (ha) I'm going to have to agree!

Comments about it being outside, in the woods, so awesome after at the party, the dancing, the food, the fun.....all those things and all the incredibly intense energy you put in to your "Free Day" did indeed make it way beyond normal!

Here's my take on why soooo many found it soooo awesome. It was a family affair. Plain and simple. You two have invited all of us into your lives in a close-knit family like relationship. We were having a family celebration! Brothers and sisters living day to day and shoulder to shoulder linked not so much by similarities as by the blood of Christ. We came together to celebrate you!

God gives space and grace to all of us to have these type of relationships and yet you don't really see it much. Your generation in general and you two specifically create this atmosphere around you. You invite us in.

Many people would love to have the kind of relationship you have with your friends. What they don't realize is the amount of giving you do, the commitments you keep, the investing of time and energy into others and their lives that goes on. They also may not necessarily have Christ as the tie that binds....

So thanks, my brother and sister, for making "Free Day" a family affair!

2 comments:

  1. It was very, very special. I, too, felt like I was with family. It was so much fun and the food was fabulous! I enjoyed watching everyone have such a great time being together and celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way it should be. Beautiful. Epic. Memorable and celebrative. And so much fun with the people you love and who love you!

    ReplyDelete