Friday, August 20, 2010

I Smell A Rat!

No, really, I smell a rat!
The other night I was grilling some chicken for supper and.....
I raised the lid to light the grill and noticed that the grate was really clean. "Why, some thoughtful person really cleaned up after they grilled!" then I remembered that I had grilled last and was really impressed that someone had cleaned up after me!
Old habits die hard however and I still scrubbed the grate down after it heated up and before I put the chicken on. After supper I decided that I should be thoughtful and go clean the grill since it had impressed me so much that it was clean for me to use.
I grabbed the scrubber thing and raised the lid and.........there was a rat in the still warm grill licking the coals and the grate!
Now I'm not normally that put off by vermin but it was such a surprise that I squealed somewhat like a scared pig and slammed the lid, knowing full well that he was going to run out the bottom from whence he came and most likely run at least across my feet if not up my leg!
Praise God! He indeed ran out the bottom but wanted nothing to do with me!

At least now I know who to thank for cleaning the grill.....ick!

4 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwwww! Just....ewwwwwwww! I guess that's part of living in the country? (I'm assuming y'all still live waaaay out there?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up in case I ever get invited over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of the joys of living in Hillcrest! That and giant roaches that we try to give fancy names to...like water bugs not like Pierre!

    ReplyDelete